Friday, September 2, 2016

Musicals and Artists


Music is one of the most important aspects of a film. It gives character and emotion to a movie. I mean John Williams music makes StarWars, Indiana Jones, and Jurassic Park that much better. So I thought I'd compile a list of favorite musicals, artists and soundtracks. (I skipped composers because there only 3 they stood out to me, one of them being John Williams of course)

Favorite Musicals
1. Singing In the Rain
2. Newsies
3. The Sound of Music
4. Moulin Rouge
5. Mary Poppins
6. Summer Stock
7. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
8. West Side Story (I don't like the Romeo and Juliet story line, but the musical numbers are just that good)
9. Sister Act
10. Meet Me In St. Louis

Quick shout out to Doris Day and Barbra Streisand since none of their movies made the list but they have such incredible voices! Also, The King and I and My Fair Lady did not make the list, but those will always hold a special place for my because they remind me of my mom.

Favorites Artists
1. Ben Folds (The Luckiest was the absolute perfect song for About Time and he is my favorite artists overall)
2. The Head And The Heart (because Rivers and Roads is just epicly emotional for the end of Chuck)
3. Coldplay - Fix You (from Scrubs)
4. Augustana - Fire (from the mix tape Matt makes for Julie in Friday Night Lights) and Boston (from Scrubs)
5. Regina Spektor (The Call at the end of Prince Caspian wrecked me)

Favorite Soundtrack
1. Once
2. (500) Days of Summer
3. The Graduate (I just love Simon and Garfunkel) 
4. Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1
5. Garden State

No comments:

Post a Comment